- · Avoid high calorie/hyperglycemic food
- · Wash your face with non-alkaline cleanser thrice a day. Soaps containing salicylic acid and benzoyl peroxide work well for mild acne.
- · Apply anti-bacterial cream after washing the area everyday at bedtime. Benzoyl-peroxide based creams can also help reduce acne, but can cause skin irritation in some.
- · Never poke or pop the pimples or comedowns. It only increases inflammation and leaves scars.
- · Consult your dermatologist and use products designed for acne prone skin.
Courtesy : The Hindu, wellness, 21/2/12